Event: Criminal Enterprise (Gang) Investigations
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (EDT)
John Marshall Bank, 2300 Wilson Boulevard, Atrium Area, Arlington, VA
Sponsored by: John Marshall Bank
Some 33,000 violent street gangs, motorcycle gangs, and prison gangs with about 1.4 million members are criminally active in the U.S. today. Many are sophisticated and well organized; all use violence to control neighborhoods and boost their illegal money-making activities, which include robbery, drug and gun trafficking, fraud, extortion, and prostitution rings. We’re redoubling our efforts to disrupt and dismantle gangs through intelligence-driven investigations and new initiatives and partnerships.
Come hear how the FBI partners with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies to combat violent crime, gangs and drugs. The ultimate goal of the task forces is to make the streets of our community safer for our citizens. Potential topics to be presented:
- The Northern Virginia Gang Task Force
- The High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Major Offenders Initiative (HIDTA MOI)
- The MS-13 National Gang Task Force (NGTF)
- The Safe Streets Task Force
- The Violent Crime Task Force (VCTF)
- Bank Bandits.org
- The Art Crime Team
- Community Partnerships
The event will offer a Cash Bar and Light Appetizers.
Please note: 100% of donations & net proceeds from registrants will go towards the FBI Junior Special Agent program which benefits at-risk elementary school children in the Metro DC area.
- Special Agent Gregg Horner, Northern Virginia Gang Task Force (NVGTF) and Sgt. Claudio Saa, Herndon Police Department/NVGTF
- Dip Chandra and Barry Dickman, Board Members; FBI WFO CAAA